Pynchon Wiki: Inherent Vice
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
- Paul Thomas Anderson's "Inherent Vice" described as a "dark crime comedy" opens December 12, 2014. Read more...
- Check out our playlist of the artists & songs in Inherent Vicewhich provides audio, video, and lyrics of the songs.
- Paul Thomas Anderson is directing a film adaptation of 'Inherent Vice', with Pynchon's blessing. Keep up with the latest about the Inherent Vice movie on "Cigarettes & Red Vines" the definitive Paul Thomas Anderson resource!
This is the Wiki for Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice. Besides using the Alphabetical Index and the page-by-page annotation, you can also take a look at Inherent Vice covers, read the reviews, or entertain some theories on the source of the title.
Pynchon Narrates Inherent Vice Promotional Video
Can flying pigs be far behind?
Penguin Press confirms that the video is narrated by Pynchon. Source
How to Use this Wiki
There are two major ways to use this wiki. The first is the Inherent Vice Alphabetical Index, used to keep track of the myriad characters, real and imagined, as well as events, arcana, and lots of other stuff. The second is the Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page, which allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from those, it's up to you.
Alphabetical IndexInformation on the characters, events, and everything else in Inherent Vice, organized alphabetically:
Page by Page Annotations
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on this Inherent Vice Wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- When creating a new page, if its information pertains to one (and only one) specific Pynchon novel, please categorize it with the appropriate identifier. For example, a page pertaining to Inherent Vice, should use the syntax
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index, create one using the entry on Peter Tait as an example. Basically, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Name Discussion|DISCUSSION]]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- Pynchonoid Blog
- Inherent Vice blog A blog filled in while reading Inherent Vice
- Inherent Vice on Twitter
- Wikipedia Inherent Vice page
- Wired Magazine Unofficial Thomas Pynchon Guide to Los Angeles
- Thomas Pynchon in Manhattan Beach
- Bill Pearlman's recollections of Pynchon in Manhattan Beach
- The Wall Street Journal: Pynchon’s Drugstore Thriller (July 30, 2009)
- iv – a site about Inherent Vice
- Literarywiki.org - wiki annotations to works by Pynchon, Umberto Eco, and many others.
Featured ArticlesRead the review... Read the article...
Image GalleryBelow are some of the images you will find on Pynchon Wiki.
Thanks, and enjoy...